Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Owens theater students perform Short Farces play

Cast of Short Farces by Anton Chekhov (Pho 245 /Paula Taylor)
Silvester Rodriguez and Iv Sarah Urizinger perform in the Festivities skit.
   Trying to figure out how I would approach my final project was very scary, difficult and a little tricky. In my mind I had so many ideas on how I would shoot it, and how to put my ideas down on paper, especially for this particular assignment.
   The first thing was to contact Jeremy Meir, head of the Theater Department, to discuss when I could come by and shoot the play and the actors. I also wanted to know if it was possible to shoot during the dress rehearsal.
    The next question was how to approach the actors on stage.
Should I be up close or far away from the actors? I didn't want to bother them during the play. What type of lighting would be used during the play, and how should I set my camera controls?  Could I use my flash while shooting the play?
    This was not easy because I never photographed a play before. I was a little excited at the same time. To photograph and shoot a play captures the actor's expressions on their faces. Most of the actors never notice me why taking their pictures.
     I feel this documentary experience was a very exciting experience. I hope to have another opportunity to shoot another play again. 
Cast members John Sweney and Sarah Wurzinger in the Festivities skit.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment